Hampton Senior Men-2018
Welcome to the 2018 Golf Season. We are looking forward to a great season, Starting May 8th (weather dependent).
1) The first seniors day is scheduled for the 8th for a two-man scramble.
2) The cost of joining the seniors group is $20.00, payable to any member of the executive (listed below) ASAP
3) Handicaps for all players will be calculated based on results of seniors day only. However, it is strongly advised that you record all of your scores on the Golf Canada website (computer located in the clubhouse), in order to maintain a valid handicap if you wish to play in other tournaments.
4) Higher handicap players may have the option of playing from the; Silver/Bronze tees (subject to the approval of the committee). They will be competing on an equal level with players playing from the silver tees.
5) The Hampton Senior Invitational is set for Tuesday, June 19th – 1:00pm shotgun. You must decide whether to play morning with the regular seniors, or afternoon in the Invitational.
6) Tri-Club dates are tentatively set for:
Westfield – Thursday, June 21st, 8:30 AM – Cost is $35.00
Hampton – Tuesday, July 17th, 8:30 AM – Cost is $25.00
Riverside – Tuesday, August 7th, 8:30 AM – Cost is $35.00
Eligibility to play in these events is based on attendance, with players being required to play at least twice prior to each Tri-Club. Players selected to play in each tournament are required to pay in full at the Golf Shop at least 5 days before the event. Cancellations are subject to the existing Tri-Club Rules
7) We will be having a Match Play tournament again this year, as well as League competition and other tournaments. Again this season we are planning on having the Par 3 Tournament which was a big success last year. Details for those events, including formats, costs and dates will be e-mailed to all members and posted on the bulletin board in the men’s locker room throughout the year.
8) Weekly sign-up sheets will be posted on the bulletin board and will be taken down on Friday at noon. We will prepare a draw and send it to the starter on Sunday morning. You are responsible for signing up each week. Late entries must be emailed to Brian Sleath at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Goguen at 696-1466 or email@example.com. The Golf Shop is not permitted to take any late entries.
The Hampton Senior Men’s Golf Group – By Laws & Regulations for 2018
THE HAMPTON SENIOR MEN’S GOLF GROUP
BY- LAWS & REGULATIONS – 2018
Aims & objectives:
(1) To organize weekly tournaments for the group who play for the love of the game, and wish to vary their scope of playing partners while enjoying the friendship of their peers.
(2) To organize Inter-Club Tournaments with other local golf clubs.
The Committee shall consist of a Chairman (elected) & Vice-chairman, as well as other committee members deemed necessary to properly run all functions of the Hampton Senior Men’s Group.
Membership Regulations & Dues:
Open to all senior men who are 55 years of age, or fully retired male members who pay an annual fee set at the Annual Meeting, and play with the group on a regular basis.
The money collected by the committee will be used for yearly expenses, and to subsidize the end of year luncheon. The committee will end the season with a minimum balance in the bank account.
Rules of play & Inter-club Competitions regulations:
The rules of golf shall be used at all times for regular play except:
– To promote faster play a ball which enters the woods, or crosses the out of bounds stakes may be played from a drop point of two club lengths (not nearer the hole) from the point where the ball entered the woods or went out of bounds. There will be a penalty of one stroke added to your score.
– Only registered & qualified members of the Hampton Senior Men’s Group may play in the Inter-club competitions. To be a “qualified member” you must have played at least twice with the group prior to each event scheduled. Players are also required to establish and maintain a valid handicap and post scores. The Tri-club schedule is normally; Westfield – mid June, Hampton – mid July, and Riverside – mid August.
All prize winners for all senior competitions will receive the following:
(1) H.G.C. gift certificates
(2) Merchandise from the H.G.C. Golf Shop
(3) Credit to a member’s club account
NOTE: This will include the weekly closest to hole, skins competitions and scrambles, etc. There will be no money being exchanged between the committee and members for prizes.
(1) The regular day of play is Tuesday.
(2) The sign-up sheet is to be completed by noon on Friday prior to the playing day. NOTE: The Golf Shop has been instructed not to book tee-times for those who wish to play in Seniors’ Tuesday events.
(3) Cancellations: (A) whole group – the Golf Shop will be informed ASAP by the committee, so if in doubt call 832-3407. (B) Individual members: please call Mike Goguen on 696-1466, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, ASAP to enable us to fill empty spaces in the draw, especially in team events.
(4) All score cards to be given to a member of the Senior Men’s Golf Committee, for calculation of handicaps and reporting of weekly results. All members of a group will not count if we don’t receive a completed scorecard. Players must post all scores in Golf Canada’s scoring system (computer available in the clubhouse). In order to establish a proper handicap to participate for weekly prizes. Without a handicap you can still come and play a social game.
(5) Handicaps for regular weekly events will be based on Tuesday scores only.
The Hampton Senior Men’s Committee 2018;
|Match Play Coordinator||Stu Hazlewoodfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|League Coordinator||Paul Cormieremail@example.com|
|Tri-Club Coordinator||Stan Brownfirstname.lastname@example.org|
BYLAWS – SENIOR TRI-CLUB GOLF TOURNAMENTS – 2018
1) The three participating golf clubs will be: Hampton, Riverside and Westfield. Senior Men are a minimum 55 years of age and either retired or semi-retired.
2) These tournaments are open to all male golfers who have paid and registered within the “Seniors Group” of their home club and who have played at least 2 games with that group.
3) The dates for each event will be scheduled by the Senior Coordinators from each club. The normal rotation based on past years is: Westfield in mid June, Hampton mid July and Riverside in mid August.
4) Rain dates will be rescheduled by agreement of the Senior Coordinators.
5) All events are shotgun starts starting at 8:30am.
6) The tournaments will use either forward tees or senior tees to facilitate speed of play.
7) Private power carts may be used on all courses free of charge during these three events.
8) Entry fees must be paid prior to the event to each club’s Senior Coordinator and brought to the host club on the date of the event. Payment is to be made to the Golf Shop, please request a receipt for the payment.
9) The cost will be $35 for a visiting golfer and $25 for a golfer playing his home course. Pull carts are no charge and power cart rental costs are the responsibility of the player using the cart.
10) Should a golfer cancel within 24 hrs of the event, the procedure will be to try and replace him. Failing the attempt to replace him the affected golfer will not receive a refund.
11) The maximum number of golfers at any event will be 128. The visiting clubs will be allocated a minimum of 42 slots each, but could receive more if necessary to fill the field.
12) The tournaments will have 3 divisions of equal size based on the submitted handicaps. Players of the same handicaps will be placed into the same divisions.
13) There will be a grand total of 22 prizes for each event. The prize distribution for each division will be two (2) gross and four (4) net. There will also be four (4) closest-to-the-hole prizes for the entire field.
- Two low gross for each division.
- Four low net for each division.
- Four closest to the hole winners.
14) Rollovers are allowed from tee to green within the dimensions of a scorecard. One stroke penalty for a lost ball, unplayable lie or out-of-bounds. Player is allowed to place a ball within 2 club lengths of nearest relief. Any other local rules such as lift, clean and place will be decided by the host club on the day of the tournament. All balls are to be played into the hole.
15) The 2018 Tri-club Committee includes:
|A. Westfield||Gary MacFarlaneemail@example.com|
|Philip L Reeves
|B. Riverside||Richard Osepchookfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|C. Hampton||Stan Brownemail@example.com|