Senior Men’s News & By Laws
Hampton Senior Men’s Golf Association-2023
Welcome to the 2023 Golf Season. We are looking forward to a great golf
season for the group.
Aims & Objectives
To promote fellowship among the registered senior club’s members of men who want to have fun, love the game of golf and through weekly play establish long lasting friendships.
This is accomplished by:
- Forming a committee to develop and support the Senior Golfing program.
- Each Tuesday morning committee schedules a variety of friendly competitions for all members.
- Players will be automatically added to the tee sheet to play for the following week of regular golf.
- Each round of golf will take the form of a shotgun start. Members will be scheduled to play with different players each week. The goal is to have each player meet and play with as many members as possible during the season. At least one 2-man tournament (scramble, best ball, Alternate Shot, triple 6) per month will allow preferred partners to play together in those events.
- Playing within the rules of play as posted in the Seniors bylaws. Failing to follow these rules will disallow those from playing competitively for prizes.
- Assigning a handicap (calculated based on Senior Tuesday scoring results) for those that want to play competitively for prizes.
- Reporting results of the competition weekly to all members via e-mail.
Senior Men’s Weather Advisory
Early on Tuesday morning, the senior committee will determine whether to cancel golf due to inclement weather. The weather radar will be monitored prior to 06:15, and a final decision on a cancellation will be made prior to 06:30.
When the golf is cancelled, each member on the tee sheet will be advised via e-mail, and a cancellation notice will be posted on top of the tee sheet on chrono golf.
The pro shop will remove the tee times when the golf is cancelled, and that will trigger a cancellation notice on email as well.
Members can call the pro shop to find out if golf is on or off if they have to leave their place of residence prior to 06:30.
Any individual matches affected by weather will be rescheduled to a later date.
Membership Regulations & Dues:
The Hampton Senior Men’s Golf Association (HSMGA) is open to all senior men who are 55 or older, or a minimum 50 years of age if fully retired. Senior members must have an active 2023 Hampton 18-hole golf membership, in order to join this group.
The cost of joining the Seniors Men’s GA is $20.00 payable to any member of the executive at the registration table on Tuesday morning. This fee is for an exclusive tee time on Tuesday morning, and also to support our year end banquet.
Weekly Competition Prizes:
Only registered senior members may play in the weekly competitions. Registered members can play for the camaraderie, fun and love of the game, or play competitively by paying $5.00 to play for the competition of closest to the pins for the par 3’s, top gross & net scores, and skins in each of the four handicap divisions. To enter the weekly competition, the money is paid in cash at the registration table on Tuesday morning.
All prize winners for senior competitions will have the money deposited into
their Hampton Club account.
Senior Men’s Information:
1) The first Senior Men’s golf day is scheduled for Tuesday May 9, weather and course condition permitting.
2) Handicaps for all the players will be calculated based on Senior Tuesday scoring results. As in previous season, the best 3 of the last 7 scores will be used to calculate a handicap for Tuesday scoring.
It is advisable that you post all your scores on the Golf Canada website in order to maintain a valid Canada Golf handicap, to be eligible to play in sanctioned NB tournaments, including the Hampton Senior Men’s Club Championship.
3) Higher handicap players have the option of playing from the Silver/Bronze – Hybrid tees, or the forward tees (subject to prior approval of the committee). They will be competing on an equal level with players playing from the silver tees, within their handicap division.
4) The Hampton Senior Invitational will play on Tuesday, June 27 using a 1:00pm shotgun start. Players must decide whether to play in the morning with the Senior Men’s or in the afternoon for the Hampton Senior Invitational. Due to the Invitational tournament rules, one cannot play both morning and afternoon.
5) This season, a Match Play tournament will be held for those that sign up and pay the entrance fee to participate. Two man team tournaments (Best Ball, Scramble, Alternate Shot, or Triple 6) will be held once per month throughout the season. We are also planning a Par 3 Tournament in the early Fall. A weekly schedule of events will be posted on the bulletin board at the beginning of the year.
6) 2- man tournament sign up sheets will be at the Tuesday registration table, the week prior, then posted on the bulletin board. Please sign up for the following week prior to 2PM on Friday or e-mail the scheduler to be added to the tee sheet.
Mickey Valiquette – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone – 506-651-9343
7) We require each member to check in at the upstairs table on Tuesday morning. This allows for balancing the tee sheet if we have no shows. See rules for cancellations in Senior Rules of Play
The Committee shall consist of an elected Chairman, his appointed Vice-Chairman, as well as other committee members deemed necessary to properly run all functions of the Hampton Senior Men’s Golf Association.
Senior Men’s Bylaws-Playing Rules & Regulations
The rules of golf shall be used at all times for play except:
– In Order To promote faster play
- A ball which enters the woods, or crosses the out of bounds stakes may be played from a drop at the nearest point of full relief from the point where the ball entered the woods or went out of bounds. There will be a penalty of one stroke added to your score.
- 3 over par is the maximum that can be scored on any hole
- Once that maximum score of 3 over par is reached, the player can pick up the ball without finishing the hole.
- NOTE: A ball entering the water hazard on #13, must be dropped behind the water hazard, not on the side, as in regular play.
Rules of Play:
Some of our Seniors members opt to just play for fun, and not focused so much on the scoring, thus the rules are relaxed so they can roll the ball over, chose not to putt out etc. if they so wish. Their scores are used for the stats, but will not be eligible for any prize money.
Seniors that opt to pay to play competitively for prize money, must abide by the rules of Golf, and the local Senior rules for Tuesday. This is to protect the integrity of the competition and to be fair to all the competitors.
- All Putts must be holed out, without exception. Gimme putts should never be offered or accepted from those playing competitively.
- No roll overs in the fairways or rough are permitted unless winter rules are in play. **
- Any member that doesn’t want to follow these rules, should recuse themself from pay to play.
**Winter rules: If and when the course is deemed very wet, and the ball has a
potential of picking up mud, lift, clean and place will be in effect. The ball can be marked, picked up, cleaned and replaced within a 9-iron length from its original position, but placed in the same cut of grass.
Winter Rules will be in effect only when it is proclaimed prior to the start of play. The person picking up the scorecard from the starter or at the registration table will be notified of the ruling for the day. If in doubt, ask one of the Committee members.
(1) The regular day of play is Tuesday.
(2) The $5.00 pay to play fee is split for gross and net scores for each of the four divisions, and also to pay the closest to the holes on the four par 3 holes. The price to play in the 2 man tournaments is $5.00 per person.
(3) The weekly 50/50 draw is used towards yearly expenses, and the banquet.
Cost is 1 ticket for $2.00 or 3 tickets for $5.00
(4) Those that want to enter the optional Match Play, the cost is $10.00.
(5) The Golf Shop has been instructed not to book or cancel tee-times for Senior Men’s Tuesday events. Mickey Valiquette will be drawing up the tee sheet for each Tuesday, so he can be contacted for bookings.
(6) Tee Time Cancellations:
Prior to Tuesday, please call Mickey Valiquette at 506-651-9343 or e-mail at email@example.com or Mike Goguen at 696-1466, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to enable an adjustment to fill empty spaces in the draw. If you have to cancel on Tuesday morning, please call the pro shop, and they will in turn notify one of the committee members at the registration table.
(7) Score Cards:
All completed score cards to be given to a member of the Senior Men’s Golf Committee upstairs. All members of a group will not count if we don’t receive a completed scorecard.
Committee members usually sit at a restaurant table after the round of golf to receive the score cards. If the scorer forgets to turn a card in, they can scan or take a picture of the card and forward it to Brian Sleath via e-mail to email@example.com.
(8) Handicaps for regular weekly events will be based on Tuesday scoring only.
Players must post their scores in Golf Canada scoring system in order to establish a handicap for participating in any NB sanctioned or club tournament. There is a shared computer in the lower level of the clubhouse to input the scores.
(9) Senior Member Visiting Guest Rule:
- a) Preferably, the Senior League member that wishes to invite a guest, will notify Mickey Valiquette in a timely fashion, so that the tee sheet can be adjusted to accommodate that guest to play with the member.
- b) A visiting guest must be at least 50 years of age.
- c) A visiting guest can only play once during the season.
The Hampton Senior Men’s Golf Committee 2023
Chairman Mike Goguen firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-chairman Brian Sleath email@example.com
Treasurer Barry Grimmer firstname.lastname@example.org or Stan Brown email@example.com
Match Play Coordinator Brian Sleath firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Scheduling / Registration Mickey Valiquette email@example.com or Paul Cormier firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Coordinator Stan Brown or Mickey Valiquette